Monday, December 13, 2004

16 Miles

Saturday was a great day for a run.  It was clear, a little windy, but overall not too bad.  I was running with some other folks, which really helps.  Theoretically, we all run the same pace, but, well, what's a minute per mile faster?
 
A LOT, that's what :-)  We ran the first 5 miles at about a 9 to 9 1/2 minute pace. The idea on long runs, is to go a little SLOWER than normal, not faster.  So, after the 2nd water stop, I was really sucking wind.  We slowed down a bit after that.
 
I tell ya, running along the boardwalk on a nice day is great.  Sunny, nice breeze.. hmm.. hmm... great.  There were a few wind tunnels to deal with, but for bit they were at our back!! Even better.
 
Thanks to Chris for running with me and keeping me going.  "Just one more mile"... "just 5 more minutes"....
 
The nice thing was being able to sprint the last 100 yards or so.  Of course, after 16 miles, my idea of sprinting may be a little different than other peoples...
 
Joe
 
 

No comments: