Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Todays' Run

Today was kinda off.  I'd the best of intentions to run my 5 miles last night, but as they say "Life is what happens when you're making plans".  At around 5:30, my wife started having some pretty severe upper gastro problems and some back pains.  Given that this is one of the symptoms of heart problems in women, and her family has had heart disease history, AND that her mother had these same type of symptoms about 5 weeks ago and wound up with a double by-pass, we thought it a good idea to get it checked out.
 
After a visit to the GP, he prescribed some Zantac and Vicodin for pain and if there was problems to go into the ER and have them check her out.  That visit killed my run, but well worth the time.
 
So, at 2am I'm awoken and she's still having problems and they are getting worse. So, we're off to the ER.  Chest Xrays', blood and lab work, and 4 hrs later, we go home.  No heart problems, no bypass, no sleep :(
 
No real diagnosis either.. Other than Reflux.  Which isn't too bad... unless it's 2am and you want to sleep...
 
So, I wound up getting the 5 miles in today and my 4-legged training partner made it all the way through.  I tried to work it so that the wind would be to my back on the way in, but it shifted.  Not a big deal, it just encouraged me not to stop :)
 
 

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

No comments: